6:00-7:00: Welcoming Meeting
This is a great meeting if you’re new to BAGLY. We give you an orientation to BAGLY and play “getting to know you” games.
7:00-9:00: Go Get 'Em Wednesdays! - BAGLY's Mini-Function!
Go Get ‘Em Wednesdays offers safe, supportive, non-exploitative and culturally competent space where members of Boston’s House and Ball Community extend social networks, build community and show off their ovah performance and runway skills. These events also go a long way towards reducing stigma and isolation and increasing access to support, resources, risk reduction materials and information. Our girl Peppermint Patty takes videos of each function. You can visit her youtube channel here.
BAGLY’s House & Ball Community Manifesto
- We abide by BAGLY’s “frees” and accept the consequences if we break them. BAGLY is free of sex, drugs, alcohol, weapons, violence pressure and harassment.
- We recognize BAGLY’s mini-functions and balls as neutral space and leave violence at the door.
- We settle our issues and work out our disputes on the runway – not with violence.
- As a community, we stand up to conflict when it erupts and do what we can to mediate and de-escalate before it turns into violence.
- We take the ballroom community for what it is and don’t try to make it something it’s not.
- We see “shade” as part of the process, don’t take it personally and try to learn from it.
- We recognize that ballroom community space is scarce and are committed to respecting what space we do have in order to keep the Boston scene moving forward.
Manifesto ratified: Wednesday, July 28, 2010